Saturday 29 August 2009

Souf's birthday card; mistakes...

So here's the illustration I drew for me ladies birthday card. (still no Wacom so coloured in pencil). Just her and a puppy. Some of it is ok, I constructed the person o.k, but ran for some reason, gave up when it cam to the dog. The dog isn't exaggerated to the same extent as Sofie so I think it looks odd. Also her hand is horrible.

This morning I could see this card peeking put behind another birthday card on display, and the only thing I could see was the top of the head. I think this could've been better.

In yellow is how it is. In green is how I think I should've done it. I think having the fringe going forward would break up the blandness of the head silhouette and add a bit of variety to the form, rather than one oval on top of another...

2 comments:

  1. You got it bang on with the green line...adds a balance to the overall image and would add more interest visually. Nice image anyhow. And congrats on 'Badly Animated'. Made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment!
    And I'm glad Badly Animated made you laugh, I was only aiming it at animators anyway :)
    I hope all is well at Aardman!

    ReplyDelete